Thursday, May 21, 2009

Oh man!

On Friday evening I went to Ephraim. It was weird driving into town. It made me sad and very happy at the same time. I got to play with all of my friends. A lot of stuff is the same. Some is different. It was weird to not live there and go upstairs to go home. I had a ton of fun staying at Steph's. Thanks Steph and Spencer! Sorry about H peeing on your couch in the night and her getting a tummy ache and pooping upstairs. I'm going back this weekend for the Scandanavian Festival. If they'll have me! It'll be fun! I came back Sunday Morning. Sunday evening my throat started feeling weird. I thought it was allergies. It got worse and worse. It got so severe I dreaded swallowing. My Sweet Mom came over on Tuesday evening and brought me sore throat lozenges and made me Bear Creek Chicken Noodle Soup. It was so good. Between the Ibuprofen from when K was born and the lozenges I was actually able to swallow and enjoy my soup. Then the next day it was terrible again. Joanna was coming over to my house and met me at the doctor to help me, since I felt like crap! She held Hallie while the nurse swabbed my. The results-Strep! UGh!!! They gave me a shot in my hip. (It was either that or swallow pills three times a day for like ten days. Um, I don't think so. It was hard enough swallowing water.) This morning my throat feels much better. I can actually swallow. I haven't taken any medicine of any kind today. AHHH. You don't realize how many times you swallow everyday until it feels like you have a knife going down your throat! Yay for antibiotics! Here hoping my kids don't get it. Tomorrow morning I won't be contagious anymore and then time will tell for my kids. We'll see...

3 comments:

  1. Oh no...hope you get feeling better really soon and that your kids don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow sounds like you had an adventure in Ephraim. Have fun this weekend and I hope your troat is getting better! see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey I need to put you on my blog feed, sorry you have strep throat ugg and happy anniversary 4 years wow way to go keep on trucking for the next 50 ok? :)

    ReplyDelete