My Love and I have known each other since we were twelve and a half. Wow, that's about ten years! He got adopted into my ward. The moment I saw him I knew there was just something about him. Something so special. He is such and amazing man! He is in Iraq right now and it's so hard not having him around. Especially today. He and our children are my whole life. He makes me so happy. He is so funny and such a tease. He is so unbelievably loving. He may have a macho shell, but he is actually a big teddy bear. Not very many people get to see this side of My Love. I cannot wait til the moment when we can hold each other again.
My Love and I started dating between our Junior and Senior year. He asked me to be his girlfriend on June 5th 2003. I would never trade the fact that we were high school Sweethearts. It was so much fun. I love the fact that we went to school together and grew up together.
We graduated high school and My Love went to boot camp for the United States Marine Corps. This would be the first of many times that we had to say 'see ya'. I was working at Macey's in Spanish Fork to keep me busy. It was a great job and I loved it. It made the time go much faster. I wrote to My Love literally everyday. I would kiss every letter and spray it with my perfume. I went with his family in September to see him graduate from boot camp, (September 15th). The graduation was awesome and I was and still am so proud of him. He came home for ten days then had to leave for SOI-school of infantry. He was gone til December. Then my sweet Dad drove me to California to pick him up. My Mom had to work. I will never forget that trip my Dad and my Love. We laughed a lot. It was such a blast and he was very tolerant of the fact that his little girl was in love, with a Marine no less. I mean come on, he drove me to California to pick him up, obviously he liked the guy. We picked him up and drove home-stopping at circus-circus buffet in Vegas. It was a very snowy night, but we made it safely. With no problems what-so-ever. Which with my family and vacations and such, my Dad would put it like this, "It's not a vacation, it's an adventure!" Lets just say something crazy would always happen-such as vehicle problems, motorcycle accidents, etc. So we were blessed that all went well.
My Love proposed to me in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building-in his dress blues- in March. We were married on May 27th, 2005 at 8 a.m. in the Jordan River Temple. That day was so amazing. I will always remember the way My Love looked at me when he saw me in my wedding dress after we were married. I came out of the bride room and went down to where he was. He was sitting on a chair in his amazing white tux. He looked up and saw me. His eyes got this certain look that lit up his whole face. I saw him gasp. He smiled. Then he stood up and took my hand. We walked together as husband and wife. We emerged from our temple hand in hand. Everyone congratulated and hugged us. We had a luncheon and our beautiful reception and then we were off to our honeymoon. What an amazing day. What an amazing honeymoon. *wink *wink.
Here we are today. Two kids and four amazing years later. Still madly in love as ever. Stronger than ever. I am so grateful for My Love. I have learned so much from him. He is a great example to me. He is such a fun loving man. He is amazing with our beautiful kids. They love him and miss him SO much! As do I! Can't wait to have him home again.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MY LOVE! You are truly an amazing man! Thank you for everything you do! Thank you for your sacrifices that you are making for our beautiful country and for all of us and our loved ones, back here at home that you are protecting! Stay safe! We're here waiting to have you in our arms again. I look forward to many more anniversaries with you. Before we know it, it will be our 50th! Good thing we have eternity together! I love you so much Sweetheart!!! XOXO!



WOW 4 years!! Good job...Thanks for sharing all the stories about how you met and stuff. Its cool that we got married just a little less than 5 months apart.
ReplyDeleteI didn't realize you had a blog! That is cool that we got married rather close to each other! I don't know how to see view your blog. All I can see is your profile. Help! :)
ReplyDeleteI loved reading this. I think I got a little teary eyed when I read about your wedding day. I want my husband to gasp when he sees me on our wedding day. :) Your hubby sure does love you! You're both a great example to me of the way a couple should be. love ya!!
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing post. I too got a little teary eyed when I read this, and that's saying a lot from me (you know why ;)). I hope that I can find love as strong as yours. You guys sure are amazing! I'm so glad you both are my friends. Love you both!
ReplyDelete