Friday, April 10, 2009

UGH!

This blog is about throwing up. Those of you with weak stomachs turn away now. So last night I get my Hallie in bed and then start feeling pretty nauseous. It came and went in waves. I'd feel like I was going to hurl and then I'd feel fine. Then lo and behold it would happen again. Well I didn't really think much of it. I talked to my Mom on the phone and told her my stomach hurt. I thought I had just eaten a little too much cereal too fast. But beyond that that was it. Well I'm trying to get K back to sleep by holding his hand while he sucks on the binky. That's all he wanted. (Don't worry I won't make a habit of doing that.) But at the time the nausea had gone away for a moment. I didn't want to stand up cuz it made it come back. Well it came back anyway. And this time it came with force. I decided to go get our mop bucket and keep it next to the bed while I slept. Just in case. You'll find out why later in this blog. Every smell I came across was making it worse. I grab the bucket and head to the bathroom...and waited...for about 10-12 seconds and...you know what comes next. But AHHHH did I feel better!!! No more nausea. Relief. Sigh. But man I tell you I HATE THROWING UP!!! I will do anything and everything in my power to not throw up. I hated the experience but it turned out to be worth it! I'm not one to just throw up at the toss of a hat. No. In fact I never really get the urge to do it. I never threw up during either of my pregnancies. Not once. Sure I'd feel nauseous, but that is it. Nothing else would come of it. I really only remember throwing up 4 times in my life. The first was when I was little. I don't remember where we were. But I was holding my brother's red plastic back scratcher-does anyone remember those? I accidentally dropped it in the toilet when I hurled. When my Dad came in to help me, he thoought that I had thrown up blood. To his relief I told him what it was. The second was when I was a child. I ate a couple of those holiday butter cookies that come in a pretty tin. Ugh, even the thought of them is revolting. I threw up after eating them. I still obviously do not like them to this day. I told my Mom how grose they were one Christmas not too long ago. She explained to me that the only reason I don't like them is because I threw up after eating them and had assoiciated it with those. I remember thinking they made me sick. But my Mom is very wise. I'm sure she's right. The third was right after My Love and I got married. I don't know what did it. I just woke up in the night and ran to the bathroom. I Didn't quite make it to the toilet for the beginning. You can imagine what a mess it made-My hair, the walls, the toilet, the shower wall. Hence the mop bucket by my bed last night. Now one thing you need to know about My Love is that he is an incredibly deep sleeper. Although whenever I have needed him he wakes up in a snap. I said his name twice and he was awake. I wasn't yelling it. In fact I was weak so I was actually pretty quiet. I asked him to come and help me. I started cleaning it up and he said that he would do it while I jumped in the shower. What a great newly wed moment. Bet you don't think of those when you picture being a newly wed. What an incredible man he is. Thank you My Love! Which brings me to last night's hurl. Am I being too blunt about this?! The reason for last night's hurl?! No, I'm not pregnant Karly! : ) Congrats by the way! I actually think I ate something bad at Ihop. I went there with one of my best friends and her lovely mom. I ordered stuffed french toast-as always-and there was no stuff. Nothing. I couldn't find one skiff of cream cheese. Maybe not so stuffed, stuffed french toast was the cause or something else. Perhaps a bug that was going around. I'm leaning towards the Ihop reason though. This is not one of the butter cookie moments, I still like Ihop and it's stuffed french toast. There may have been a couple times more that I'm forgetting but you see my point. It takes a lot for me to hurl. And YES I DID JUST BLOG ABOUT THROWING UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment