Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Silly Hallie!

So I just got Kenion out of the tub tonight, when I look at my little Hallie and see her playing with something she's not supposed to. I say, "Uh oh! Some one needs a spankin." To which she replied, ever so casually, "Hallie does"! It was almost like when someone says pick me, pick me-but not quite that excited.

Then later I'm looking at my blog drinking my very last cherry pepsi. I go into to see what she was doing, to be making the racket she was making, when she was supposed to be sleeping. She's still laying in her bed playing with her bug lantern. She was obviously just having a hard time going to sleep. So I asked her if she wanted me to sing her a song. She instantly said yes. I sat on her bed and started singing. I leaned down to kiss her little cheeks when she says,"What are you eating?" I was about to say, "Nothing" when she says, "Soda?" I was so taken back. I just looked at her and started laughing. I asked her how she knew that and she just looked at me and smiled. I couldn't believe that she picked out exactly what I was drinking. After which she of course says she needs water or milk. Then I tell her she can't have those til morning or she'll pee the bed. She was fine with this. We said goodnight again and I turned on some lullaby music for her. I heard her moving around in her bed for about 30 minutes more and then she finally fell asleep. I hate those days when you need to go to sleep but can't. She cracks me up.

I watched my nieces and nephew today. We were standing in the kitchen making smoothies. My little niece says "Jenny your bum's in my face." I just laughingly said I'm sorry and busted up. The way she said it was so sweet and innocent. It was a fact that she thought I just needed to know.

Last one for the night. Hallie was really tired after a long day of play with her cousins. She missed her nap. They went home and we laid on the couch to watch "Daddy Movie". A movie that we made that has My Love reading and singing to the kids. We did this so the kids could still 'have him around'. We felt it would ease the gap a little. Anyway, Hallie and I are laying on our futon-Kenion is asleep in bed. My Love is counting in the movie. I had been watching Hallie. She was drifting off to sleep. She was to the point where she was so tired she didn't even want to move. So I think she's pretty much asleep when she starts counting with Daddy. Her lips are barely moving. Her eyes are barely open. She's talking pretty quiet in that very sleepy way, and she's all, "seven, eight, nine, ten." Then she was out. Sweet little girl.

3 comments:

  1. oh my little Hallie that I love. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny your Bum's in my face!!! I love that Hallie counted down falling asleep (does that make sence)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love moments like these. I think it is what makes being a mom the best job in the world.

    ReplyDelete